So, I've recently started a new job in the San Diego Biotech community. After being here for some time and watching how the corporate folks operate, I've decided to actually print out a few simple principles and tape them to my wall so that I can point at them (literally) when someone inevitably comes to me and asks me to do something in a way that makes me cringe. I didn't invent these sayings, I just like them, and find that they apply almost daily here in the office.
I thought I'd share the 5 things I currently have on my wall and see if anyone had any great additions:
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Do it right the first time, not the next time.
- Bring me your problem, not your solution.
- Never believe the vendor.
- There is always time for requirements.
Anyone else have anything posted on their wall? If so, what do you have up there?